Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday, Birthday party, Sunday

Preston has a birthday party all the way in the city (ok, its only 30 min away) so I figure I will take my laptop and actually go sit in a coffee shop and work. I'm not sure I will actually be able to focus on work without the normal interruptions of "Can I have some water", "Come watch me pee" or "He hit me" but I'm willing to give it a go.

It's a dreary Sunday here and I'm the first to admit I LOVE IT!! I love the soft snow fall and the cold winter coloring as it makes me want to stay home bundled in sweat pants and a blanket by the fire. I'm going to have to venture out, after P's birthday party I'm going over to the ice rink to run again. I stopped running after I hurt my back and am glad to be back in the saddle. It gives me a solid hour of daydreaming potential and/or problem solving time - love it!

We are entering birthday party central here - 1 today, 2 next Saturday and then Maren's party is the following Saturday and then we pick up a chunk in February and then finally Preston in March. I'm sure that I missed some and we will have other pop up.

Here's a picture of this week's crafty project, wondering if anyone can guess what I used to make it. Excuse the kitchen parts in the pic, I was too lazy to find my smaller lens or to move the craft project.



I also hate that I have 2 great made up recipes to share but no pics of them. I made Veggie Lasagna last week and the filling was so yummy you could eat alone with bread or crackers. This week I made Sweet Potato Pasta, good but not great. I think had I been a tad less tipsy when cooking it would have been really great. The secret ingredient to both is Ricotta cheese, so rich yet not so unhealthy like heavy cream.

In fact we have a dinner party coming up and I'm going to take one of my signature dishes, Vodka Penne and work some ricotta into it and see what happens.

In regards to my facebook fears, I'm ok with it now. I needed some time to sift through all the memories and what I concluded was it was my friends that made the time so memorable. The other stuff/people I can forgot now. I do like how we have all grown up, some have kids and everyone has a life.

crap, my Grandpa just passed away unexpectedly. very sad, he was a wonderful man.

1 comment:

Watson World said...

Sorry to hear about your grandpa!! I know that has to be tough!! Will be thinking of you!!