Friday, January 23, 2009

Girls have Vajamama's

Yep, as you heard I had to clarify that girls do not have 2 butts. Fast forward to our now daily conversation about who all has a "Vajamama". You just have to love kids and their open innocence and willingness to talk about anything. I'm certainly not going to clarify what a Vajamama is but I will enlighten you with some of the other odd pronunciations that Maren uses.

wopcorn - popcorn
woptart - poptart (we of course don't eat these here)
rareplane- airplane
brokli- broccoli
chuck - truck

It was a long week of funerals with both friends and family. It's nice to arrive at Friday and know that we can get together with our friends cook, drink, eat and know that just for a few minutes everything is right with the world.

I'm giving this new recipe before I try it because I don't plan on having pictures since I'm still without a lens.

Creamy Zucchini Spaghetti

Lightly saute some garlic, red pepper flakes, zucchini (julienned) and salt/pepper in olive oil. Add some butter in to melt and then add sour cream, fresh lemon juice and some milk and flour to create a cream sauce.

Cook your noodles and then pour this over the noodles adding in some fresh grated Parmesan cheese and some additional fresh grated pepper. Bake for 20-30 min and serve with a crisp green salad and lots of wine.

Like most of my recipes I don't have exact measurements but if you really want them, just ask! This should be a light fresh cream sauce similar to Alfredo. I'm using Spaghetti because I heart the way it bakes up with some crispness to it.

No comments: